Jotul F3cb is in

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thetooth

Aug 20, 2011
East Coast
They just finished with the install and am doing the first break in fire . Should have a warm winter . Jotul F3cb with blue black paint

Attachments

• woodstove.jpg
    woodstove.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 2,948
  • woodstove1.jpg
    woodstove1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 9,048
Thanks for the pictures it looks great! I love that Blue Black finish on the stove. Enjoy the warmth this winter!

Cute, it looks great there. That stove brings back memories. I love that finish. Do be sure to have a hearth board or pad in front of the stove. And enjoy the warmth!

Very nice! I also love the blue black finish. Now your way ahead of the game, if everything else is ready, its time to enjoy it.

BeGreen said:
Cute, it looks great there. That stove brings back memories. I love that finish. Do be sure to have a hearth board or pad in front of the stove. And enjoy the warmth!

Thanks for the tip the installers brought a 18x48 hearth extender .

That's a great looking stove. And that blue/black enamel is teh sexy.

Looks mighty nice.

Good purchase. We had that exact stove in our old house. You never forget your first ...

thanks for the nice comments . We hope to cut down on our oil bill a bit . Hopefully this year the wife will complain that she is to warm !

Nice job. I picked one up on CL this year. Blue/black too. They are a thing of beauty. This size stove is as big as I can get in the fireplace opening, anything in the living room would melt the paint across the room. We just need some cool weather to stretch it legs out. It is a much better choice than using your heatilator fireplace. I did go buy the short leg kit to set it in the opening just a smidge to get safe front hearth clearances.

fishingpol said:
Nice job. I picked one up on CL this year. Blue/black too. They are a thing of beauty. This size stove is as big as I can get in the fireplace opening, anything in the living room would melt the paint across the room. We just need some cool weather to stretch it legs out. It is a much better choice than using your heatilator fireplace. I did go buy the short leg kit to set it in the opening just a smidge to get safe front hearth clearances.

I just made it with the standard legs , another 3/4 " and I would have went with the short leg kit . I just started the break in fires . Looking for some cool weather , but they are calling for 80 this weekend .

I have an F3 CB in the basement. Same size fireplace upstairs and same raised hearth. Would have loved to put it there but needed more firepower.

Beautiful stove and looks right at home there. Just be ready to feed it often.

One pointer for you tooth. I am letting the ashpan fill up on mine as there was a thread here a while back concerning potential leaks around the ashpan door gasket over time, causing draft issues at the bottom grate.

Interesting, I'm going to try that. I'm starting my fifth burning season with my F3CB, and was wondering how good my gaskets were doing. Around the door, it looks like they are getting a little threadbare, but they seem to work alright, so far. I never gave much thought to my ashpan gasket, however it looks ok and I haven't noticed any unusual draft issues. I know some just let the box fill because it is a pain to empty it. I just emptied mine this morning, but I will let it fill up and try that. It will certainly keep the dust down, but I wonder how hard it will be to get the drawer out next spring. I would imagine the ash would get pretty hard in there. I find, if I let it fill up, so that the top scrapes a layer of ash off the drawer, that it requires a "good" tug to get it out.

Great looking install. I almost bought one of those for my fireplace but found a great deal on another Keystone.

Thanks for the tip about the ash pan and the nice comments . We are suprised how long the wood last now , the old fire place would eat through a nice pile of wood in about a hour . I had a kindling fire last almost a hour last night for my break in fire .

Status
Not open for further replies.