Jotul GI635 DV IPI--can not clear error code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lonesome_Luke

Oct 3, 2019
Maine
Worked fine, turned it off, went to bed and at 2:30am random intemittent beeps and red LED flashing. Stove will now not fire. Attempted to clear lock out by removing all batteries and turning off power to the unit to no avail. Red LED diagnostic light (Diagnostic Interface labeled "XOA") that is furthest from the SW1 switch is flashing with the beeps. Local propane tech had no answers, guy who installed is too busy to help and I have been on the phone with the NH dealer who has not called back as yet. Oh yeah, it is my only heat source and it was in the 30's this morning. Any ideas?

did you remove the batteries and kill power at the same time? that will kill all power to the unit completely not real familiar with this stove but when a SIT 2 based system acts similar that is the universal reset

Looked up a manual for your fireplace, hoping that this helps look at page 35 in the middle of the right hand column it says how to remove a lockout condition

Looked up a manual for your fireplace, hoping that this helps look at page 35 in the middle of the right hand column it says how to remove a lockout condition

Tried that several times, thanks. Also removed all batteries and power, it still will not clear. Error code (red LED and audible beep) is random: 3,3,4,3,4,3,4,5,4,2,18,6,7,12,5,6,7,11 etc. I noted over 50 numbers with no discernible pattern. I think it means the board is fried.

Tried that several times, thanks. Also removed all batteries and power, it still will not clear. Error code (red LED and audible beep) is random: 3,3,4,3,4,3,4,5,4,2,18,6,7,12,5,6,7,11 etc. I noted over 50 numbers with no discernible pattern. I think it means the board is fried.
that seems like a logical starting point