Jotul Outside Air Kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RynoVT

Aug 1, 2011
N. VT
We are just finishing the building of a new home and are preparing to build a stone hearth pad for a Jotul F600. Without having the stove or OAK in hand yet is there a way that I can build the hearth so that I can just hook the OAK up. Does anyone have a picture of what an installed OAK looks like coming in to a Jotul? The air pipe will be coming up from the floor. I have talked to someone that thought that it was 4" pipe. I am just trying to rough in the pipe while building the stone pad.

Thanks for any help!

I'm sorry that I can't give you a reply worth it's salt on this but I've tried going to the Jotul manual 3x and it's locked my computer up each time. I know the info you need is there but I can't get to it tonight and I'm done restarting this computer! Tomorrow I'll try accessing the manual w/ a different browser.

In the meantime, if you have the paper copy I'm sure this info has to be in it.

pen

I checked the Jotul manual and found nothing. That doesn't surprise me, most if not all manuals ignore this dimension. For an accurate placement location I suspect your best bet will be to visit a local Jotul dealer and measure it yourself.

If you look on page 17 of the Jotul Manual there is a small picture of the air connection...part number 102...no dimensions given...

Ron

I believe it is 4", but alas no accurate location info provided. Maybe some kind soul here will measure up their stove and provide this.

Just measured my stove. The air inlet is just shy of 4"

Located on bottom of stove centered from side to side in the rear. Lines up pretty much with the center of flue outlet.

Hope that makes since.

It's 4"... I can send pictures and/or additional measurements if you need them. When I did my install I found good info on the OAK in the British manuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.