Just Browsing CL tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
075 Stihl Chainsaw. Nice running saw, I am the second owner and everything works nicely. Comes with a 25" Bar and Chain both are well used. I also have a 48" granberg mill I am willing to sell for an additional $50. I bought this saw for a large tree project I had a couple years ago and I no longer need a saw of this size.
wants 350 for the saw. How stupid am I if i don't get this saw AND mill.......

I think you'd be pretty stupid. Plus, it's white and orange so you'll make BiggRedd happy.

wendell said:
I think you'd be pretty stupid. Plus, it's white and orange so you'll make BiggRedd happy.

+100 take the mill to

forgot to post pics. guy didn't leave a phone number, just sent an email.

Attachments

• saw1.jpg
    saw1.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 281
  • saw2.jpg
    saw2.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 272
  • saw3.jpg
    saw3.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 278
is that an auxiliary gas tank on the mill? is that a standard option? kinda pointless unless there is an aux B&C oil tank, too

dangit. Just went to ArboristSite to look up some specs and see if anyone was milling with an 075. Sure enough my search turns up a thread with another dude in Illinois bragging on his new 075 and 48" mill....100% sure it's this same saw, so I guess I missed out on that deal by about a week.

Danno77 said:
dangit. Just went to ArboristSite to look up some specs and see if anyone was milling with an 075. Sure enough my search turns up a thread with another dude in Illinois bragging on his new 075 and 48" mill....100% sure it's this same saw, so I guess I missed out on that deal by about a week.

075 is very prized by any miller!

Danno77 said:
is that an auxiliary gas tank on the mill? is that a standard option? kinda pointless unless there is an aux B&C oil tank, too

I believe its an aux oil tank. I had a Lucasmill swingblade with a 53" slabber attachment (big chain bar, 172 links, I believe) and it had something similar on the end. One was supposed to use REGULAR motor oil in it because B&C oil was too sticky to travel the long length of the bar to lube properly.

Peter SWNH said:
Danno77 said:

I believe its an aux oil tank. I had a Lucasmill swingblade with a 53" slabber attachment (big chain bar, 172 links, I believe) and it had something similar on the end. One was supposed to use REGULAR motor oil in it because B&C oil was too sticky to travel the long length of the bar to lube properly.
Yeah, I was reading his posts on ArboristSite and that's what he said it was, too. Not being familiar with milling systems like that i wasn't sure.....

Status
Not open for further replies.