Just came upon a new score

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
Just made a visit to my sister's new McMansion. She and my big shot ESPN brother in law, just bought a new house. Very good size wooded lot. Lot's of nice hardwood deadfall, that has not rotten, a lot of standing dead, and some mother of red oaks he wants down. Yard is not landscaped, so drive right in, buck 'em and load 'em. MMMMMMMMM, free wood. Just some time and fuel, she is about 15-20 minutes away.

Oh yeah, the house is nice too. But, all I see is BTU's.

KC

Sounds very nice!

I'm still putting out feelers and hoping that some of these leads will pay off someday.. I have several that seem promising, a guy at work who is taking bids to get a tree taken down next to his house (I don't know him well enough to know if he burns or not, but at least someone told me the story so now I have to ask him), one of my kids carpool parents got notice that utility co is going to take out a couple trees on her road - hopefully she will let me know when it happens... etc... Ahh, someday I'll get to report a real score here, until then I'll just read your reports and try not to be too jealous! :)

Sweet! I'll bet you are smiling all the way.

iskiatomic said:
Just made a visit to my sister's new McMansion. She and my big shot ESPN brother in law, just bought a new house. Very good size wooded lot. Lot's of nice hardwood deadfall, that has not rotten, a lot of standing dead, and some mother of red oaks he wants down. Yard is not landscaped, so drive right in, buck 'em and load 'em. MMMMMMMMM, free wood. Just some time and fuel, she is about 15-20 minutes away.

Espn does that bring any good tickets

KC

Espn does that bring any good tickets?

I was able to get some tickets / passes to many NHRA events, Indy car stuff. It just seemed like I was pulling teeth after a while, so I have not asked in quite a while.

Well, it's going to light in 20-30 minutes, time to burn the brush pile and start stacking before it gets to hot. The are talking 90 degrees here today. I am not ready for that.

KC

iskiatomic said:

KC

this thread is worthless without PICTURES :) ;-P

this thread is worthless without PICTURES

I am sorry. I am working on the picture thing. They need to be resized. And the photo pro genius just left to go run a marathon.

Hold tight. Good things come to those who wait.

KC

Status
Not open for further replies.