Just cleaned the oil Furnace......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pelletizer

Minister of Fire
Jul 17, 2008
Pellet County N.H.
I just got done cleaning my Peerless oil furnace, I have been doing it now for 4 or 5 years, What a pain in the $%%
It was not bad as last year and I am looking foward to not cleaning it next year due to the fact that I will be burning pellets.

pelletizer said:
I just got done cleaning my Peerless oil furnace, I have been doing it now for 4 or 5 years, What a pain in the $%%
It was not bad as last year and I am looking foward to not cleaning it next year due to the fact that I will be burning pellets.

I just has an OB service tech do mine too
My insurance co did in fact inquire about it being cleaned periodically. Imagine that!

Gio said:
My insurance co did in fact inquire about it being cleaned periodically. Imagine that!

Never heard of that before......

I have heard of uncleaned neglected furnaces sending sooty smoke into the home then requiring profesional cleaning maybe that's why the insurance company was inquiring but not sure?

macman said:
Gio said:

Never heard of that before......

Next door to me had a plugged nozzle on their oil burner some years ago and most of the whole house interior had to be cleaned and repainted due to blowback.. Insurance company paid so I wasn`t surprised one bit when they wanted to know if i had mine cleaned regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.