Just had to brag-$700 worth of wood for $90!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
It's funny how life leads us to certain things. Today I went to a Lowes that I don't normally go to (there's one 15 minutes from my house as opposed to this one which is about 45 minutes away) because my wife was taking Hank, our chocolate lab, to puppy training at Petco. I dropped her off and went to the Lowes next door to grab a few pieces of lumber that I needed to close in my now open basement steps. All I intended to buy were a few 1x8x8s and some screws...and then I saw it. I walked past a lumber cart loaded down with a few of about every size imaginable from 5/4x4x12 to 1x12x10 with a handwritten sign on it that said "$90 for everything." I grabbed a sales guy just to check if it was accurate and he told me that periodically they pull all of the pieces of lumber off of the shelves that people keep putting aside (bowed, warped, discolored, cracked, etc...) and put them into a package for sale. He saw me start to think about it and said-"We just put this out about 10 minutes ago-they usually go pretty quick." Visions of garage, pantry, and other shelving danced in my head along with about a million other things. Sure, you wouldn't try to make top quality cabinets out of this stuff, but suffice it to say that I will not be buying another piece of lumber for a very long time. Keep your eyes peeled-you never know what you'll find in the lumber isle!

IMG_0013.jpg

I make adirondack chairs and it looks like I could make 10 chairs out of that. Good Deal.

that's gonna make for some good kindling :)

ohio woodburner said:
that's gonna make for some good kindling :)

The scraps sure will!

For what yu have in the pic, that ain't no $700.00 worth of wood, Sorry bro

Hogwildz said:
For what yu have in the pic, that ain't no $700.00 worth of wood, Sorry bro

Well that's what they advertised it as anyway-how much do you think it's worth? Don't be sorry-regardless, it's worth more than $90. The 1x12x8 boards alone would have cost more than $90 altogether.

You definitely got a deal. It's hard to say, as I didn't figure exactly what you ahve there, but I'm guessing about maybe $200 to $300.00 range worth of lumber. Touch to see what ya got there. Ya did good though.
They did ok too, cause most wouldn't touch those bowed pcs. If you have good use for it, good for them to sell unwanted stuff, and better for you to get a good deal on something you can use.
Win / win situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.