Just installed SS flexible chimney liner. How do I connect it to my freestanding stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WestVirginian

Nov 27, 2005
Hi everyone--

This weekend I successfully installed a flexible SS liner in my 25 foot masonry chimney. Yeah! Such a sense of relief. My flue has 2 significant turns in it, so I was nervous, but with three guys it only took about 15 minutes of pushing and pulling (had a rope attached to one end). Hard to believe that 15 minutes saved me $1000 I would have had to pay a chimneysweep (no offense to any chimneysweeps out there ;o) BTW, I ordered the liner from chimneylinerdepot.com, and would highly recommend them. 30 foot liner kit (complete with chimney cap, and "T" at the bottom) was $480 with free shipping. They also do local installations (if you happen to live by them), and they have a lot of knowledgeable chimneysweeps to answer any questions you have.

Anyway, now I have to connect it to my woodstove (Jotul 500), which I have ordered. The bottom of the flexible liner is a "T", which is about 12 inches from where the back of the stove will be. The guys at chimneylinerdepot said that I could just use a leftover piece of the SS flexible liner to connect the T to the stove. Does this sound right? Any advice, or better ways to do it?

Thanks for any information. Ian

Should be fine so long as the liner is supported and the 1/4" rise is maintained without any sagging. The only other advantage to using a piece of ridgid is that to connect the flex you'll probably need two more adapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.