Just ordered my P61a

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought my P61a. Should arrive in about 3 weeks and installed soon thereafter. Can't wait although it won't get much use until next autumn. This looks like a great forum for help/advice etc. I already said goodby to my brick and morter bank and now I am going to say goodbye to my oil company.

Mike

Welcome and congrats!!
This is our 3rd season with the P61.
Everyone has different results. We have reduced our oil consumption by 54% and are warmer too!
This is a great site with many helpful folks!
Remember to send pics as the saying around here is, "Without pics it didn't happen"
Enjoy your new stove!

Hey Lessoil,

Thanks. If I can get 54% savings and be warmer, I would be thrilled. I was using 800 gallons of oil per year for heat and hot water with my house at 60-61 degrees. I am hoping to cut that to 200 gallons per year for hot water. All this and have a warmer house too....I will post pics when it is installed.

Welcome from me as well, Mike. I replaced my 14 year old Harman Invincible with a P61A. As lessoil said, this forum is packed with extremely knowledgeable folks with years of experience. Sit back and enjoy the ride and most of all, utilize the search function when you have a question.

You will find the P61A to be very forgiving when determining which pellet is best for you. It is not necessary to burn the best pellet to get good/great performance out of it. Figuring that all out is the best part. If I can make one suggestion, and it's doable for you, I would recommend getting some pellets this year, while you can, at todays prices. Most of us here feel that pellet pricing will be much higher next year and you won't realize the savings that you are hoping to get if you are paying $300/ton. JMHO.

Welcome to the forum Mike! Lots of great folk here with plenty of knowledge to share.

Dont know your home's set up, but at 800 gal/year on oil in Maine, it cant be that big. I'm sure that P61 will help out alot. Altough you missed the tax credit (unless that has been extended?), it still might be good timing. If oil keeps going up it could be hard to get a stove next fall.

Post them pics when is up and running !!!!!!

Hi Gbreda,

I am in Western CT and use 800 gal/year. I would imagine though that in Maine that would be considered a bargain. Even so, my house is kept at 60-61 degrees. My family call me Jack Frost. Even if my savings end up not being that big, I will have a warmer house for the same money. To me that is worth it. All you guys are great for welcoming me. Thanks.

Mike

Harman Lover,

Thank you for the pellet advice. I do plan on buying soon. I figured there might be a spike in prices to go along with greater demand. I may start with some less expensive pellets to see how they perform in the p61a but will likely mix it up a bit until I zero in on my favorite. You seem to have gotten some very inexpensive pellets. I hope I can find some around here.

GooGoo said:
Harman Lover,

Thank you for the pellet advice. I do plan on buying soon. I figured there might be a spike in prices to go along with greater demand. I may start with some less expensive pellets to see how they perform in the p61a but will likely mix it up a bit until I zero in on my favorite. You seem to have gotten some very inexpensive pellets. I hope I can find some around here.

There are a couple of existing threads here regarding pellets and availability in CT. You will quickly find this site is an addiction and will check in several times a day. FWIW, Lowes is still getting Greene Team pellets although I don't know for how much longer. The guys in CT usually post when they know when they are coming in. Search the Lowes/HD inventory thread for latest info. Good Luck.

You're gonna love the heat from that P61-A. We burn one on
our showroom floor & I like it so much, I'm replacing the
16 month-old P43 in my kitchen & use THAT in another location.
It's just a great hot-air furnace...Keep er clean & she'll keep you happy!

Welcome to the forum GooGoo,

Please take DAKSY's "Keep er clean & she'll keep you happy!" advice.

A clean stove is a happy and safe stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.