Just replaced my Heat n Glo gas FB with the GFI55, cleaning advice.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranky64

Dec 14, 2010
Maryland
We were not getting enough heat out of out gas fireplace and I thought 100 gallons of LP every 3 weeks a bit excessive. So I took a look at the pellet stoves at a local store and selected the Green Fire. The only thing I have come to dislike is the ash drawer setup on this unit. At the dealers he only had free standing models and it was not explained to me how much smaller it is on the insert and you need to disassemble the firebox every day just to get the drawer empted. I’m curious, would it acceptable to just shop-vac the (Cool) ashes out with a crevice tool instead of the daily disassembly?

From my experience with the GFI55, if you dont do the daily cleaning, the stove becomes a service call for the dealer. Your dealer should have explained it to you better.

Thanks! I guess I'll resign myself to daily VACs and a disassembly cleaning every 3-4 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.