Just Runnin the Trails

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Just a picture of the rhino getting ready to run the trails and pack down the snow.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2258-1.jpg
    100_2258-1.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 302
love the pics Zap! snow hanging on trees is one of the most beautiful things. All we have had herein rockland is a dustin' so far. runnin a rhino thru it would be some fun!

f3cbboy said:
love the pics Zap! snow hanging on trees is one of the most beautiful things. All we have had herein rockland is a dustin' so far. runnin a rhino thru it would be some fun!

It was more fun in the rhino then cutting today, the snow coming off the pines made for some wet clothing but it was warm enough that you could work up a sweat. It was still nice being back in and seeing the deer eating what seem to be small beech trees.

zap

Cool Zap

Ya pulling a couple of of logs to pack it all down with?

Billy

Cowboy Billy said:
Cool Zap

Ya pulling a couple of of logs to pack it all down with?

Billy

Billy, looks like next weekend for dragging the trails. This year I'm going to use a smaller piece of pine, last year the aspen was just to big.

zap

Zap, how about cutting a decent sized 5-6' log and dragging that along the trail? You could even cut it a bit longer and hook it so it drags diagonally so it would both pack and move some of the snow at the same time.

I don't like cutting when the trees are all covered with snow so usually wait a couple days until the wind blows it off. I have to cut those 2 trees in my lane that were down and they were covered with snow and ice (should have taken the scoop shovel with me). Just don't like doing that and that also is why I try to always completely cut up anything I drop on the same day. That way the log is not covered when I cut it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.