"Keep doing what you're doing...."

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iembalm4aLiving

Feeling the Heat
Oct 3, 2008
N.E. Ohio
....said my chimney sweep today as he was packing up his gear. Last winter was our first with the Osburn 2200, and I was a newb with a modern stove. Apparently my wood was good and my burning practices were sound. He said that what was in my liner was very light and came out with little effort.

Thanks to all who've directly or indirectly taught me so much about proper wood prep and good burning practices.

I'm really impressed with these stoves. I recommend them to all my friends who still burn open fireplaces. I'm sure they're annoyed with me. ;lol

For me it is the same. The advice here has been and still is invaluable. I do not want to think how badly I would have abused the stove and put me and my family in danger without all those experienced woodburners here that spend countless hours passing on their wisdom to newbies like me. I passed the link to this website on to all the woodburners I know. Hopefully, they took a look or they may never know what they are missing.

P.S. Special thanks to Craig to keep this forum running.

Reactions: pen
Posts like this are what this place is all about. Seeing your post will hopefully make some of the lurkers stop and think instead of just keeping on doing it the way they always have.

Congrats. You are ready to do it again. And again and again and...

I went two years between cleaning after we installed the Fireview and I started reading in here regularly. The sweep told me i could easily go three years next time. Its probably easier to do it right than it is to do it wrong.

Sweet . . . gotta love the great advice here at hearth.com.

Your post describes my situation to a "T". I to am going on my second year as a woodburner. My chimney sweep said that same thing to me verbatim, as he was packing up! I should also take a moment to thank all the nice folks on this forum for all the info, tips and tricks they have directly or indirectly bestowed unto me!

Reactions: gd9704
It makes me feel really good about my association with these unique and wonderful forums and the many fine folks I "know" as a consequence whenever I read reports like these from members who are new to the wide, wonderful world of woodburning. Thanks for "reporting in", and by all means keep doing what you're doing. Rick

Reactions: gd9704
Status
Not open for further replies.