Keeping glass clean on Englander NC30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

itzjerm

Mar 2, 2010
North Alabama
Is it possible to keep the front glass on the englander crystal clear? (or relatively close) The glass has a pretty heavey haze now. (usually from closing down damper in evening ... clouded by morning) High temperatures remove some hazing... but still there is a fair amount left.

Do people clean this regularly? Thoughts? Help is appreciated.

haze removal 101 ...... take newspaper, get it slightly wet, dip in gray ash from stove, rub across glass, follow with clean paper towel, glass is now crystal clear.

Hope this helps.

Oh and howcome you have been a member for 9 months and only posted 7 times ??? jk

My 30 gets a white haze that I clean off roughly weekly or when company is coming over. I just use a paper towel and sprayway glass cleaner.

pen

Because I've been outside cutting wood. Oh and the fact we moved to the backwoods of tennessee where the internet does not exist. (Thank goodness for wifi at some McDonalds... that is when we drive 25 minutes to get to one of those).

itzjerm said:
oh and thanks for the info i'll give it a try. Do people do this daily? Or just when they can't handle the haze anymore.

It is primarily dependent upon the severity of one's OCD :)

pen

pen said:
itzjerm said:
oh and thanks for the info i'll give it a try. Do people do this daily? Or just when they can't handle the haze anymore.

It is primarily dependent upon the severity of ones OCD :)

pen

+1 to that.......

Load it N/S and quit putting a split in front of that damned "zipper" sticking up in front. Keep it aimed between two splits and you will cut the hazing significantly. Air from that thing bounces off the end of a split and right back into the glass defeating the airwash and depositing the gases from the end of the split on the glass.

Status
Not open for further replies.