kickin' some ash before the storm...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ScotO

got an emergency call the other day, a frantic homeowner (who we already had scheduled for a tree removal at the end of November) had a big branch come off of a sick ash tree and asked if there was any way we could get it down before the storm hit.....the tree was right against the house and it is really DEAD.

Well, I can't hang drywall in the living room til tomorrow midday, so we went ahead and got the job done this morning. Two trees, a 40' blue spruce and a 50-60' ash (28" base on the ash) met their fate. Had to climb and knock some limbs off of the dead ash, that was a little hairy.....

Couple of pics. Whole job only took three hours, from the time we fired up the saws til we pulled away from the property.

2012-10-27_10-25-18_248.jpg2012-10-27_10-24-57_793.jpg2012-10-27_11-09-55_256.jpg2012-10-27_11-09-36_124.jpg

Way to go Scottyboy.........would have liked to see how the ropes work with bringing down limbs and you cutting. The tree next to the ash looks like it needs to come down as well. Good job and I am sure the homeowner is happy. Now you got some more ash.

Reactions: ScotO
Way to go Scottyboy.........would have liked to see how the ropes work with bringing down limbs and you cutting. The tree next to the ash looks like it needs to come down as well. Good job and I am sure the homeowner is happy. Now you got some more ash.
You know me, Tim.....I love me some nice blond ash.....lol.:p;)

That tree to the right of the ash is coming down when the guy gets his tax return next year. It's a big maple......

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Another happy home owner :)
Good crew did a good job & got some good wood ;)

After the storm, I bet lots of homeowner's will wish they'd taken down some of the old big tree close to their house.

I have one maple left that can fall and do damage. The rest of those trees have been removed. I've been after my son all year to get this tree down. Now it is too late. Lets just hope that if it comes down, it falls away from my garage.
I have come to believe that if it is either a fall or fire risk to your home, It should be removed. Removal should only be attempted by those who know what they are doing. In my younger years, I cut a lot of trees that should have been left to those who are trained. Not a job for weekend workers with a new chainsaw.
Good job getting those trees out of the way for that home owner. They will sleep better knowing they won't a a tree falling in their house.

Wow Scott. Getting that job done in 3 hours shows what kind of man you are! Nice work.

Nice work Scotty. The climbing and rigging is an art, our previous house had a in ground pool, had a big pine next to it which we had a guy climb then rope most of it down.
zap

Your like a surgeon when it comes to tree. Job well done. Keep adding to those stacks

Good job Scotty. Money in the bank and wood in the stacks.
Classic double dippin'.;)
Even so, that was nice of you to take care of it for them on short notice.
Where's the rest of the ash? Did you fit it all in the truck?

Nice work.

good clean fun...

and some good firewood too

Good job Scotty. Money in the bank and wood in the stacks.
Classic double dippin'.;)
Even so, that was nice of you to take care of it for them on short notice.
Where's the rest of the ash? Did you fit it all in the truck?
some went in my cuttin' partner's truck, we filled both trucks up with that ash. All the pine rounds and branches from both trees were compacted onto the trailer........we were maxed out...,

Reactions: PapaDave
Status
Not open for further replies.