Kinda like a ....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very inspirational vid hoss. :)
Thanks for sharing.

hossthehermit said:
You're up early this morning, Gamma

I am always up early hoss....I slept like crap last night.....up once an hour.... >:-(
so much work to do before Thursday!!!! I get stressed when I entertain at the holidays.

GAMMA RAY said:
hossthehermit said:
You're up early this morning, Gamma

I am always up early hoss....I slept like crap last night.....up once an hour.... >:-(
so much work to do before Thursday!!!! I get stressed when I entertain at the holidays.

Don't do it, then. Life's too short, holidays are to be enjoyed. Took me a long time to realize that.

hossthehermit said:
Don't do it, then. Life's too short, holidays are to be enjoyed. Took me a long time to realize that.

Agreed. I learned that one year awhile back when I spent the holidays with a family whose husband/father had died earlier in the year. Kids were four and seven. I'd had a pretty tough year myself. We were all pretty sad, and didn't feel like doing a lot. Got the house cleaned, a tree set up. And then as we can, we did what we could. Decorate a window. That's a good day. Unpack some ornaments and put them on the tree. "Oh. Dad gave me this one." Okay, that's enough for now. And gradually we completed simple preparations for a simple holiday that felt more like Christmas than I would have ever believed possible under the circumstances.

Helped me see that scaling back and feeling better is better than doing more and feeling stressed, a lesson I never forgot.

But hoss, I think each one of us have to figure that out for ourselves.

snowleopard said:
hossthehermit said:

But hoss, I think each one of us have to figure that out for ourselves.

You're right, there. Just like pretty much every other dang thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.