King Ashley

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this stove the biggest piece of **** or am I missing something? Another one of those stoves I really want to like but just cannot seem to ever have a good install experience. Can anyone please explain how to reprogram the control board to NOT cycle up and down. Why does it fill the burn pot up right before it shuts off? Anyone from USSC on this forum? I'm about this far away from refusing to install another chinatrash....

There, :mad: I feel better

smwilliamson said:
Is this stove the biggest piece of **..... install another chinatrash....

there you go! Another good reason to get your stove MADE in the USA or Canada. It is not just yourself you are helping when you buy a product you know and trust.

smwilliamson said:
Is this stove the biggest piece of **** or am I missing something? Another one of those stoves I really want to like but just cannot seem to ever have a good install experience. Can anyone please explain how to reprogram the control board to NOT cycle up and down. Why does it fill the burn pot up right before it shuts off? Anyone from USSC on this forum? I'm about this far away from refusing to install another chinatrash....

I worked on 4 last season , with 3 that I had to keep going back on the phone with USSC and all 3 were returned.

smwilliamson said:

I know one lady that was talking about a law suite over this stove and the sealer that sold it to her. I replaced it with a Harman.

Eric

smwilliamson said:
j-takeman said:
Seeing US Stove bought Breckwell. Things could change.

How so? Does Breckwell become chinatrash too?

Breckwell does there own tin/steel. So they should be assembled in USA for the most part. Maybe tool up for the US versions??? IMHO all stoves will have some import bits and pieces.

I agree, but I'm not sure that USSC would absorb a company like that just to gain a mnfg plant. That doesn't make sense. I'm guessing they did it to gain or secure market share in the land of internet sales.

I have a smile when I stumble upon an older "Oregon" Breckwell with the big burn pot, empblapst motors and an exhaust take-off which is high enough to accommodate a clean out T. Ever try to unhook a liner from a P2700? My knuckles are constantly regenerating new skin from this stupid design.

Status
Not open for further replies.