Kozi Bay Win Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tchdngrnby

Oct 7, 2009
Puget Sound Washington
Neighbor called for help with a Kozi Bay Win insert saying he had smoke in the house upon start up. Noted the stove is plugged tight with ash so my first chore is to tear it down and give it a good cleaning. I also noted that when the stove is initially powered up, all three lights come on, flash once and then go out. Any idea on what this code means?

probably a draft fault, if it is bunged up that bad... if it is, then it will go away after cleaning.

Bunged up it was! Ever cut open a vacuum cleaner bag??? The fault cleared after the cleaning. Also found the vacuum switch had been jumpered. Asked the owner if he had ever had this thing serviced. He handed me a box with a new pressure switch and said that he once had a young man out to fix the stove 6-7 years ago and he said that I needed to replace this. It showed up in the mail and since the stove worked fine he felt it did not need to be replaced!! Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.