Kudos to Speeco

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rfalk

Aug 27, 2007
Madison, Wisconsin
I bought a 25 tone Speeco woodsplitter last spring from our local Farm and Fleet. Its been a great machine and I have split a lot of wood and some big rounds at that. A friend borrowed it a few weeks ago and the hydraulic fluid return line burst at the fitting back into the hydraulic tank (a horrible mess in his driveway :-(. He returned it to F&F and they were going to put the same hose (and potentially the same problem) back on the splitter. I decided to call Speeco customer service. The guy there said "We have heard of some cases where there is a problems, so I will send you a fix". So, no jerking around, no questions about receipt or proof of ID....he sent straight away a replacement hose (much heavier than original) and a fitting to eliminate the problem.

I know this type of service is what we should expect, but its so rare these days, I just had to comment on how pleased I am that I bought a Speeco splitter.

Cheers, Bob

Sorry to hear about the issue. I know at some point they had the filter system on the wrong side, I think it was the return, not the pressure side or vise-versa.

I bought a Huskee 22 ton unit in the spring from TSC. It ran okay for a while but around the 20hr mark it started running weird.

I preface the below by stating that I got the unit home, ran it for about 20 to 30 minutes to be sure it was going to run and everything appeared okay, then installed an hour meter. I put one of these on every 4-stoke engine I own for maintenance purposes.

I was unable to put my finger on exactly where the issue was coming from but after a few months the engine was almost powering off when the hydraulics were activated immediately after a restart, then the engine wanted to die when bringing the wedge down to a really hard log, prior to even pushing into it.

I got tired of the issues and called Speeco. I told them all of the above, and also mentioned that the auto-shutoff never worked well from day 1. They told me a few of the valves got out of the factory without the proper lubrication and asked if I wanted to try a 'fix' myself which I did. I ran the unit for another hour 'maybe', and called them back. They offered to send me another valve and asked if I wanted to take it to a local service centre which they would setup for me? I said I would swap the valve myself (mistake) and they sent the part with no questions about when i purchased the unit nor did they ask for proof of purchase, or serial number from the unit.

Long and short of this response: I commend their customer service also!

fishinpa said:
Sorry to hear about the issue. I know at some point they had the filter system on the wrong side, I think it was the return, not the pressure side or vise-versa.
Neither, it was on the intake side.

Status
Not open for further replies.