Labonville 20% off all American made items in July

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

onion

Burning Hunk
Nov 3, 2009
Ohio
Just ordered my chaps, helmet and 2 pairs of gloves for just over $100 before shipping. Now I can be safe :)

HittinSteel said:
Their shipping prices are ridiculous. Great chaps though.

How else are you gonna support a 20% off sale?

It'd be nice if someone posted a link...never heard of this place.

HittinSteel said:
Their shipping prices are ridiculous. Great chaps though.

Not so. I just bought over $200 worth of chains, bars and safety gear and the shipping was only $14.51. Now, if you only buy a single chain or something, you're gonna get hit. That's UPS, not the retailer. My package came to 14.94 pounds. I just looked up the shipping costs. UPS ground from 03581 to 12866 for a 15# package delivered to a residence is $13.61. So they charged a $1.10 boxing and handling charge. Certainly not ridiculous at all.

They got my stuff out the same day I ordered. There was a mix up with one of the stock numbers, they heard a "D" as a "B" over the phone and I got a .325" pitch bar instead of a 3/8" pitch. They sent me out the right bar without charging my account, then reimbursed me for the return shipping on the wrong bar. Plus, my chainsaw gloves were on back order. When they come in, they will ship them free of charge. At 20% off on a low ticket item, I'm sure they will be losing several bucks on the gloves.

I am 110% satisfied with this company. Great products, great prices, great service. :)

http://www.labonville.com/

Good to hear, looks like things have changed since I ordered my chaps a couple years ago. Believe shipping was over $20. There is a lengthy thread over at the arboristsite with people questioning their shipping prices. Maybe they listened to their customers.

Labonvilles is the "real deal", they started out running the company stores at the logging camps in the region and eventually went retail. Their factory is right next to the main store in Gorham NH. If they made it, its going to last. The chainsaw parts and service is basically run by one person, with some back office support and he is usually quite busy making sure the the local professional loggers are covered. I expect that they dont subsidize shipping costs across all the sales as I suspect that a majority of their transactions are direct, that keep the prices low for people like me who go to the store.

For those who on occasion make a trip to the White Mountains in NH, they are just right up the road from the Mt Washington auto road

I do believe they are directly across from the Gorham Wally World. And since you're already there, do check out Catello & Sons Music and Middle Earth in Berlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.