Lake George

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatbedford

Minister of Fire
Mar 17, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
We spent a week island camping up at Lake George last month. What a beautiful place!

Attachments

• DSCN2232.jpg
    DSCN2232.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN2237.jpg
    DSCN2237.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN2242.jpg
    DSCN2242.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN2247.jpg
    DSCN2247.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 163
A few more.

Our boat was the vehicle of choice for the week.

Attachments

• DSCN2268.jpg
    DSCN2268.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN2282.jpg
    DSCN2282.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCN2291.jpg
    DSCN2291.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 129
It is so awesome that somebody decided to make all those island state park land so that everybody can use them.

Reactions: quads
It was a 2 site island and we had both!

Reactions: ScotO
We spent a week island camping up at Lake George last month. What a beautiful place!
I use to do a lot of scuba diving up there. Did a lot of diving around Diamond Island. Made some 150ft bounce dives over by Dome Island, that's the deepest part of the lake. We once came up from a dive and some people in a boat waved us over. The said their anchor was caught, would we be good enough to go down and free it? I said sure, got it freed up and came up. They introduced themselves as the owners of Three brothers Island, a private Island on the lake. They said we were welcome anytime. We never did take them up on the offer. Nice lake.

I wanna go there sometime soon. If I make it up that far I'll probably go over and see Zap.....lol....we were just up at Lake Seneca, at Watkins Glen for a couple days. Beautiful country there too! Great pics, flatbedford!

I think Zap is still quite a bit further North than Lake George. Isn't he a stone's throw from Canada?

Wow that is just awesome! We spend so much time camping in the summer I don't get much else done. I love to camp!

Status
Not open for further replies.