Lange 6302K

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morso1bo

Burning Hunk
Mar 6, 2011
western new hampshire
Hi,
The specs for the Lange 6302k say it can heat between 8,000-10,000 cubic ft. What would this be in square ft? It was rated higher then my Morso 1B0, so I am asuming that it might throw some more heat. It also weighs a bit more.
Thanks for any conversions!

Hi,
I am going next Monday to check out a Lange 6302k stove as a possible replacement for my Morso 1B0. Just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this kind of stove.
It is said to have had very little use in the upstairs room of a barn. From the photo it looks like the green enamel might have some rust on the surface, my guess would be that it is from the stove pipe. The thing has not been operated in years. Should I assume that it needs to be recemented?
Thanks in advance for any advice anyone may be able to offer.

It's awesome that you found one. The main thing to look out for will be cracks. Bring a good strong flashlight or two for inspection and go over it slowly. Also check the inner, side and back liner for cracks and warping. These are replaceable, but if warped you should offer less. Hope it's in decent shape and you have found a winner.

Yes, I have a good flash light. The stove is green enamel and someone told me to look for lines of rust on the outside to tell if the sides are cracked. Any other trips for detecting a crack.
Thanks so much for the info.

Being in northern New England I tend to burn the stoves pretty hot so once they get going I just see heat coming out of the chimney with no smoke. Thanks for the insight, clean is definitly a good thing

If all else fails you could put in a PE Alderlea T4 or Vista and have the best of both worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.