Last day on the job

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hossthehermit

Minister of Fire
May 17, 2008
Maine, ayuh, by gorry
Last day on my job today, got my office cleaned out, said goodbye to a hundred or so folks that are leaving the mill for good. Moved most of my stuff into a large steel container thats sits out back, came home and began the celebration. Can't get too carried away, deer huntin' starts in the mornin', need a clear eye and a steady hand. I'll hit the woods for a few hours, come home (probably without my wily quarry) and clean the gutters, drain the rain barrel, finish pickin' up around the yard, be ready for the snow in case it does get here tomorrow night, then resume the celebration. Sunday will bring the resumption of this year's edition of "THE QUEST FOR THE SUPER BOWL", the greatest day ever invented by (and for) man. Monday, I start training on my new job on the garbage truck. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is good, it jes' don't git no better than this!!!!!!

hossthehermit said:
Last day on my job today, got my office cleaned out, said goodbye to a hundred or so folks that are leaving the mill for good. Moved most of my stuff into a large steel container thats sits out back, came home and began the celebration. Can't get too carried away, deer huntin' starts in the mornin', need a clear eye and a steady hand. I'll hit the woods for a few hours, come home (probably without my wily quarry) and clean the gutters, drain the rain barrel, finish pickin' up around the yard, be ready for the snow in case it does get here tomorrow night, then resume the celebration. Sunday will bring the resumption of this year's edition of "THE QUEST FOR THE SUPER BOWL", the greatest day ever invented by (and for) man. Monday, I start training on my new job on the garbage truck. WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life is good, it jes' don't git no better than this!!!!!!

Good for you Hoss. I know you mentioned the job situation a while back, so I am glad you found something.
For the record, every time the Garbage man comes by my house, a part of me says that I want this guys job. Good luck with the bucks too!

Don't drink too much tonite Hoss...gotta have that steady hand tomorrow....
BTW...do you make deer jerky? I love that stuff.... ;-)
Sorry about the job...and you had your own office?
Anyways you will be retiring soon and moving to Florida or the Caribbean... :)
Isn't that where the rich folk go when they retire or is that Virginia????

I bet your collection of steel washer drum fire pits will increase. :roll: Good luck, finish one chapter and start the next.

I was thinking of you today Hoss . . . had to head down to Belfast to get a bounce house and as I was passing through Prospect I thought of you over there in Bucksport . . . sorry again to hear about the job loss, but glad you've already got something lined up. Keep the faith and the home fires burning . . . and good luck tomorrow.

fishingpol said:
I bet your collection of steel washer drum fire pits will increase. :roll: Good luck, finish one chapter and start the next.

Dad's had this at their acreage since 1982. Works amazingly well.Got a workout 2 weeks ago at family cookout.

Attachments

• firepit burning 101611.jpg
    firepit burning 101611.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 261
. . . and you can wash clothes in it between burns!

Hoss, you sound like a handy man to have around the house. Makes me wonder how people find the time to go to work.

Hope things work out as well for the other 99, and stay safe this weekend.

firefighterjake said:
I was thinking of you today Hoss . . . had to head down to Belfast to get a bounce house and as I was passing through Prospect I thought of you over there in Bucksport . . . sorry again to hear about the job loss, but glad you've already got something lined up. Keep the faith and the home fires burning . . . and good luck tomorrow.

Oh,sorry for the poor explanation, I'm still at the same place, they just eliminated my job. Now a pay cut, different job, ZERO decision making and responsibility, kinda looking forward to it. Hopefully the place stays open a couple more years, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.