Last seasons pellets coming to an end, time to buy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baston8005

Oct 17, 2007
East of Hartford, CT
Going with Okanagan again. 1.3 tons for $323.70. 2.6 tons will be coming to the house soon. Love em. My Quadrafire Non AE Mt Vernon loves these softwoods . 2nd choice is Hammer Hot ones. At $249 a Ton, you can't go wrong there either.

Tried some test bags of the Okies last season, and this year it's all I am burning. What a big difference from the Maine Choice I had last year: running so much cleaner.
Watching closely the reports on the MWP and the Vermont pellets maybe if the reports are good might try a few bags just to see how the stove likes them!

BTU will be happy to here that's all your burning. I wish we could get some in IL, but I know it cost way too much to ship down here.

Baston8005 said:
Going with Okanagan again. 1.3 tons for $323.70. 2.6 tons will be coming to the house soon. Love em. My Quadrafire Non AE Mt Vernon loves these softwoods . 2nd choice is Hammer Hot ones. At $249 a Ton, you can't go wrong there either.

I agree but my 1st choice is Hammers......way better BTU then Oakies..........both burn very clean in my Earthstove.......Hammers are the best brand of pellet imo...........

Status
Not open for further replies.