Latest score - not wood but roofing.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bspring

Feeling the Heat
Aug 3, 2007
Greenville, SC
Several schools around here are adding additions and I have a friend that is the project manager. He has been promising me some roofing to cover my wood piles for a while now and I just got the call. They are done and he had some scrap for me. I can not believe how heavy this stuff is compared to the metal roofing that you see on barns. See the pic with a dime showing how thick this stuff is. There is on more load that I need to get. It was a real workout unloading this stuff one sheet at a time but I don't have to worry about it rusting through.

Attachments

• PA070025.jpg
    PA070025.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 397
  • PA070027.jpg
    PA070027.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 393
  • PA070031.jpg
    PA070031.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 399
Very nice gift. Will you still have to secure them from blowing away or are they "that" heavy?

That should work like a charm. Nice friend to have.

That is decking, for forming concrete floors in parking garages and steel framed buildings. it is very expensive. It would make a great shed roof since it can span pretty far and is galvanized.

That true. We, in the construction trade, call it "Q" decking. Im pretty sure your friend pilfered that material and passed it on to you. He probably wouldnt be happy that you announced his 'appropriation' to the world on the internet. It costs ALOT OF $$$$ !

There can be lots of leftovers on big jobs, epecialy if materials are bought in bundles, the cheapest way. Storage is expensive these day. A lot of stuff gets scrapped. Scrap prices for 24 foot length ave very low and labor costs to cut it are high.

I'm also voting for the idea to build a shed... and store it under that roofing. ;)

Great deal . . . made even better if it was used for a woodshed.

Yup, that is what I was going to post up as well. Use that for a roof and the building would cave in!

Dune said:
That is decking, for forming concrete floors in parking garages and steel framed buildings. it is very expensive. It would make a great shed roof since it can span pretty far and is galvanized.

The stuff is usually refereed to a "Q" decking. It is very good stuff as its sized to hold up several inches of wet concrete when its used for floors.

That looks like the absolute best roofing score I ever saw! I'm drooling from about 1000 miles away. Snow will slide right off (if you even get the stuff in SC) and it will laugh at heavy rains. I wish I had looked for something like it before I bought all these cheapo HF Tarps :ahhh:

Having thought about this for a few days you guys have me tempted to build a wood shed. I had no plans for doing that but I realize that it would be nice. Snow is not a problem but moving 4 sections of that stuff for each wood pile and the mud between them...Anyway, I may have to do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.