Latest slab table....Pub style!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
Simple but they love it.

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 357
Super nice as usual!Have any grain pics?

Bocefus78 said:
Super nice as usual!Have any grain pics?

Not yet thats the best they can do for now. Been begging for one sence x-mass. The grain is bad @ss 2-1/2 inch thick black walnut. This is what I have in the rack in the shop. Here is before it was sanded.

Attachments

• xxx.jpg
    xxx.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 316
  • xxxxxxx.jpg
    xxxxxxx.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 320
  • x.jpg
    x.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 306
I just love "live edge" furniture. I would guess its because of the actual connection to the tree and not just "lumber". How the heck do you keep bark on the edge for the long term??

Jags said:
I just love "live edge" furniture. I would guess its because of the actual connection to the tree and not just "lumber". How the heck do you keep bark on the edge for the long term??

They dont want the bark on there. Its built about a year early but they could not wait, so it should fall off in the next year or so. You can lightly clear the bark and it will stay on for a long time but its no guarantee.

smokinjay said:
Jags said:

They dont want the bark on there. Its built about a year early but they could not wait, so it should fall off in the next year or so. You can lightly clear the bark and it will stay on for a long time but its no guarantee.

I see that the table is sitting in a corner with two base board heaters on it, as well. That may pose problems if the wood was worked up a bit early.

(by the way, I like barkless live edge furniture, too)

I've gotta get into this milling thing....I need some furniture like that!

Bocefus78 said:
I've gotta get into this milling thing....I need some furniture like that!

I have a mill when you find the right trunk.....066 will handle it fine! :cheese:

Fab job Jay....I love the bark on it.....very "rustic"... :)

GAMMA RAY said:
Fab job Jay....I love the bark on it.....very "rustic"... :)

Thank you. It was a x-mass gift that was finished x-mass eve at 11:30 and put into there kitchen x-mass morning just in time. They really love it. The pics from that day is the ones I am trying to get.

StuckInTheMuck said:
Looks good... Do you have a pic of how you attach the legs? Thnx.

No but what I did do is use heavy duty couch leg hardware. Cost under 30.00 bucks and used leveller's on the bottom of the legs for those uneven floors people have...The legs are just a rip down slab.

smokinjay said:
Simple but they love it.

Very nice smokin, I'm looking forward to the milling again. The wife wants a book shelve made from White Pine from our lot, that's the first milling for this year.

zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Simple but they love it.

Very nice smokin, I'm looking forward to the milling again. The wife wants a book shelve made from White Pine from our lot, that's the first milling for this year.

zap

I hope its a big thick one? My next going to be coffee table end tables and tv stand. Kinda a whole theme for the family room.

Status
Not open for further replies.