Lazy Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

Back when all I could think about was Gurls, my Dad said I was Lazy 'cause I'd get there that instant to help with wood. Well, 30 some years later, I get the Lazy Wood. Lazy 'cause I can sit and wait while the roadbuilders, tower erectors and loggers slash, cut and push . . . all leaving behinds natures best fuel . . .OAK!! I am so lazy I left this stuff on the ground for over 8 years . . . trust me there is no point in pickin up the Aspen/Birch/Maple at this point, unless it's up off the ground.

Now if only the fuel gauge wasn't on E . . .

Attachments

• FridayWood1.gif
    FridayWood1.gif
    532.5 KB · Views: 532
  • FridayWood3.gif
    FridayWood3.gif
    563.8 KB · Views: 536
Looks Like an awesome set-up.

That is the same way I move my wood most of the time.

Eh, young whipper snappers use'in their fancy tools an 'quipment. Durn lazy is what I say. WHAT? - speak into my horn - I didn't hear you.

Cool tools man. I don't think I would like this "wood thing" as much, without the tools to go along with it. I like my loader.

No two ways about it; it is a nice way to gather and haul some wood. Comes in a bit handy for a few other jobs too.

Cool none of the wood around me would last that long. I hate it when the wood falls out of the bucket. When I get my little kubota fixed I am going to change the fixed front bucket to a bobcat quick disconnect and make a firewood rack that will carry wood and not have it falling out.

Billy

I like using the toys too. Can get the wood out of some tough places and my atv can get a break.

Attachments

• woodhaul1.jpg
    woodhaul1.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 228
  • grappleforks.jpg
    grappleforks.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 242
Boy Golf. I could have some fun with that toy! I'd make it work for sure.

PapaDave said:
Is that gauge yours, or the tractor's? :lol:

Good :lol: this AM. Maybe it's good she was empty so I could take a break. It continues to amaze me how sore a 45 yo body can be the day after getting wood. But its a good sore. Just have to space the days out more. Planning to go back tomorrow (monday) which will give me 48 hrs between. And with the current November weather pattern, I believe two over-stuffed bucket loads a week will mean I don't have to touch my wood pile.

Whoever asked, yep that wood in the pic was laying on the ground for +8 years. If you notice, there was one paper birch log. The chunks weighed as much as the red oak!! Punky wood absorbs lottsa water! I prolly burn 90% Oak now.

Couldn't you get more in a load if you skidded it to wherever you process it?

Backwoods Savage said:
Boy Golf. I could have some fun with that toy! I'd make it work for sure.

Thanks Dennis, it is fun, and does alot of work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.