Leaf logs(?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
I hope he makes a million bucks before he gets too old to enjoy it. That's one smart guy and goes to show you that the older geneeration has a lot to offer us younger (40's) guys.

Makes one proud to be from PA.

It doesn't appear to pack it in very tight. I wonder how tight a log splitter's ram could pack it?

I dunno, I've burned plenty of leafs in my time ...never thought they got hot though. Maybe it the glue.

The quantity of leaves I had to deal with each year when I lived in Northern Virginia would have made production of "leaf logs" a frantic 3-shift effort every fall to get them all processed before the snow came. I applaud the guy's ingenuity, but I question the practicality of this particular idea. Leaves are for mulch, wood's for burning. Rick

A little tighter pack and time in a gasifier might make it a log haulers nightmare? NOT. But for the industrious every fall cities in my area are looking for places to take their leaves and every summer they are trying to get rid of their grass clippings.....

Status
Not open for further replies.