Lets play....name that stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im starting to wonder if this is a scam or not, I had tried contacting the people and they said its still for sale by email, but will not return phone calls. I too have been trying to figure out if its a knock off or what, I have tried to find a similar stove by looking at google images and can't find one like it.

There are a lot of pre-epa stoves out there that are no longer made. The left hand hinge, slider air control, thin gold accents and bypass should make it easy to identify, but so far I can't place it. FWIW, I don't think it was made by Travis (Lopi/Avalon).

Looks like the one my parents had and it was a buck

mellow said:
Im starting to wonder if this is a scam or not, I had tried contacting the people and they said its still for sale by email, but will not return phone calls. I too have been trying to figure out if its a knock off or what, I have tried to find a similar stove by looking at google images and can't find one like it.

When did you contact them?

Saw an Englander in the craigslist here for 75 bucks today....if I had any place to put one, I'd have bought it.

BeGreen said:
mellow said:
Since we are on this topic, anyone know what brand this gas stove is? The guy selling it doesn't know.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/816666687.html

Repost the question on the gas forum for a better response.

that stove is a 26-gu. MFG by ESW it came in a NG version (26-gung) or LP (26-gulp) basically a 30Kbtu vent free gas heater. i can pretty much tell you anything you want to know about those stoves.

I would name it -"penny wise and pound foolish". Looks like an old dragon that only a foolish person would buy. %-P

There should be some sort of UL plate on it. Can you determine if this is a catalytic insert? Does the logo look something like this?

http://www.countryflame.com/

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 539
Well im back again about this darn stove. I have finally had some spare time to check it out and it looks to be a cat stove, but the UL sticker on the side is gone. I have searched high and low to find out what stove this is and have not been able to exactly figure it out. Hoping with these pictures someone will recognize it.

Attachments

• IMG_1469-edit.JPG
    IMG_1469-edit.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_1473-edit.JPG
    IMG_1473-edit.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 469
Definitely an old cat stove minus the cat. Have no idea what brand? What does it say on that little metal plate on the right below the door?

Todd said:
Definitely an old cat stove minus the cat. Have no idea what brand? What does it say on that little metal plate on the right below the door?

thats likely a caution tag ,most all stoves have em it tells ya "hey its a fire in there be careful" or some other anti darwinian statement. it will not have serial or model data.

which brings me to the bad news for our stove owner. since the serial tag has been removed strict interpretation of code considers that unit as "unlisted" even though it was listed when it was built due to the Ul tag being removed. therefore you may have to follow nfpa211 standards for unlisted solid fueled heaters. rather than the spec's listed in whatever stove that is's manual.

stoveguy2esw said:
Todd said:

thats likely a caution tag ,most all stoves have em it tells ya "hey its a fire in there be careful" or some other anti darwinian statement. it will not have serial or model data.

which brings me to the bad news for our stove owner. since the serial tag has been removed strict interpretation of code considers that unit as "unlisted" even though it was listed when it was built due to the Ul tag being removed. therefore you may have to follow nfpa211 standards for unlisted solid fueled heaters. rather than the spec's listed in whatever stove that is's manual.

Unless he can find out what manufacture it is, get the manual and hope it has the UL listing?

Status
Not open for further replies.