Lets see your Ice Dams

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i cannot see you images...just question marks...is it just me?

Delta-T said:
i cannot see you images...just question marks...is it just me?

Delta-T, I can see them.

Zap

dangit! i am cursed!

By the bend, sway in the ice I am guessing this is on the windy side of the house.

As a kid - I would have enjoyed knocking those down!

I remember being impressed by these as a kid, but we gave them wide berth seeing that they were 2 stories tall.

j-takeman said:
Delta-T said:
dangit! i am cursed!

Me too! Oops wrong glasses, There they are. Whew! :)

Burning pine strikes again! I heard it caused blindness...didn't know it would block images on the interwebs.

BeGreen said:
I remember being impressed by these as a kid, but we gave them wide berth seeing that they were 2 stories tall.

Me too, now i realize they are a. a major injury hazard if one is to fall on you. B. even worse a major house damage problem if the moisture starts to seep under the shingles into the house.

I have no pictures to post as I keep my roof edges raked anytime there is more then a foot of snow on it.

No pics of ice dams for me . . . like ColdNH I keep my roof raked to avoid issues with the roof leaking due to any ice dams.

Status
Not open for further replies.