Lets try this again, wood ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andybaker

Feeling the Heat
Oct 31, 2008
Northwest OH
I need help with ID on this tree. I'm thinking maybe an Elm? These leaves are about 2" in length.

It certainly looks elmish but it has been 35 years since I've seen one live so I'm not going to commit.

I forgot to mention that the leaves are about 2" or so long. I hear what your saying, I've only seen dead ones. This tree an employee of mine would like to get rid of, if it's an Elm someone else can have it.

To me when I see a elm it just looks like a scronge when looking at the over all tree. The leaves to me fill corse and sharp. That looks pretty close to elm but a 50/50 for me. I would like to see a pic of the whole tree on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.