Leveling a Mount Vernon Pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gorooster

Nov 12, 2011
New Mexico
So the hearth pad isn't entirely level... has a small slope toward the front. How critical is a level pad? Can I put some metal shims under the legs if there's a bit of slope?
Thanks!

gorooster said:
So the hearth pad isn't entirely level... has a small slope toward the front. How critical is a level pad? Can I put some metal shims under the legs if there's a bit of slope?
Thanks!
Guys who installed my pellet stove used wooden shims under the pad to level that. One way or the other your stove should be shimmed to level. Can't see how metal shims under the legs wouldn't be fine. It's the stove, not the pad, that can matter.

the stove legs should have threaded studs in them to level the stove. should take an allen wrench to adjust them

3650 said:
the stove legs should have threaded studs in them to level the stove. should take an allen wrench to adjust them

Mine don't, but it has holes to add something of the sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.