LG Granules Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

srjtr7

Jan 16, 2008
Near Boston
A local place has LG Granules softwood pellets for $319 a ton.

Is this a good price. Are they good pellets?

I have only burned New England hardwood pellets, and some crappy Lowes pellets.

How would these compare to the NE hardwood?

L&G;pellet burn pretty good, I've had good luck with them. Good BTU and low ash.

I picket up a ton at the local feed store for $299 a month ago to tide me over until my order of NEWP arrives from my dealer in Oct.
This is my first season with a pellet stove but the first couple of bags seem to burn well in my harman over the last few nights.

I put about a ton of the LG's through my stove
the first year. They burned good. I'd buy them
again. Judging from what I've seen of the going
price right now in the New England area $300ish is probably about right.
If you're looking for 2 or more tons you may want to
consider someplace that delivers if that is not an option
at the place you are looking at.

I have burnt mostly LG pellets over the last 3 years in my Empress FS and have been very happy with them. I picked up 2 tons a few weeks back at $235, but I think our pellets are a lot cheaper in VT than they are near Boston.

Good Luck!

pelletsales.com has them at 289 a ton, (north of boston for me)
Glad to see this post, was thinking of running them in a Harman P38, first season for me

srjtr7 said:
A local place has LG Granules softwood pellets for $319 a ton.

Is this a good price. Are they good pellets?

I have only burned New England hardwood pellets, and some crappy Lowes pellets.

How would these compare to the NE hardwood?

I have about 3 tons of LG pellets on hand for this year and I have burned them in the past. They leave a little more ash than Energex or New England brands but they burn well. I also (out of habit) sift all my pellets to avoid any problems. What I don't understand is why they cost so much in your area, up here in Montreal they retail for $5.08 per bag.Even after taxes ( 12.875%) that is only $290.00 per ton retail. I hope the prices come down soon for everyone. :)

Wood Pellets (Premium) Granules LG Wood Pellets (1.5 tons/skid) In Stock (Delivery in Oct) 3 (2 skids) $289.90 $33.00 $322.90 $331.78

Looks like I would need to buy 2 tons (This is our minimum delivery quantity for this product in your area) @ $331.78 delivered. And I would have to wait till Oct.

Guess I will go local for 1 ton @ $319 + $30 delivery = $349

I will burn one of the test bags I picked up to see how they burn.

Scott

I have started burning my LG Granules pellets and they seem to be doing well. Price paid $275/ ton delivered.

I'm 10 miles outside of Boston, where did you find them for $275 delivered?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.