Lignetics Clear bags, or white ones with Green Lettering

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

forya

Feb 18, 2010
Bucks County Pa
TSC has Lignetics in the clear bags for 209, and the Ace has the ones in the white bags with the green lettering for 228/ton. Is there a difference in the pellets?

I have only ever used Lignetics w/ green lettering. I was not aware they had a clear bag, does it says what kind of wood anywhere? The ones with green lettering burn great for me, I wish I could get them at that price because if I could I would probably buy about 10 tons. Right now my pellet supplier has the green bags @ $284/ton, which is $5 more than last season. Why not buy 2 bags of each and try them out for a day then get the one that burns better, or if there is no difference get the cheaper one.

I think I'll do that, I only have 12 bags of Hamers left for this season.

First I ever heard of the Liggie's in the clear bags. Learn something new every day. Most likely there doing what other mills are doing, Putting the product in a clear bag so the end user can see what there getting. I don't know 100% for sure, But most likely the same pellet in both bags.

j-takeman said:
First I ever heard of the Liggie's in the clear bags. Learn something new every day. Most likely there doing what other mills are doing, Putting the product in a clear bag so the end user can see what there getting. I don't know 100% for sure, But most likely the same pellet in both bags.
Sounds about right. I am always curious to the amount of fines and to how long my pellets are, after burning that last ton of AWF's. 3" pellets are unacceptable.

I really like pellets in clear bag, gives you a clue of the fines at least....

Status
Not open for further replies.