Lignetics for $230.00 a Ton or Okanagen for $159.99 a ton?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

checkthisout

Feeling the Heat
Dec 23, 2010
NW
Home Depot is out of Blazers for the season.....I can't believe I burned 2 tons since December and need a third ton! Anyways, need some new pellets......are the lignetics really that good?

They also have "Cleanburn" for $215.00 a ton. Ugh....too many choices but I am leaning towards the cheap.

Lignetics are considered one of the best, but that's a big difference in price. I would lean towards the cheaper, too, but try a couple of bags first to make sure they burn OK in your stove. Looks for a lot of "fines" or sawdust in the bag. This can clog the auger. Also, see if you notice any "clinkers" in the burn pot. This is unburned contaminate material in the pellets that can build up and block the airflow.

Checkthisout said:
Home Depot is out of Blazers for the season.....I can't believe I burned 2 tons since December and need a third ton! Anyways, need some new pellets......are the lignetics really that good?

They also have "Cleanburn" for $215.00 a ton. Ugh....too many choices but I am leaning towards the cheap.

Okies for $159?????Really???

Harman Lover 007 said:
Checkthisout said:

Okies for $159?????Really???

A big part of the cost of a pellet is the shipping....look at the locale of the OP, assuming NW meant NorthWest......close to where Okanagan is produced. For the money, I'd take the okies hands down!

I'd take the Okies too. Picked up 10 bags a few weeks ago and they've been burning really well. That's an incredible price.

At that price, the Oakies are a no-brainer.....load up w/ as many tons as you can afford & store, and get to pellet pig status. :lol:

Okanagen's all the way ....i think the lignetics are overrated .okies burn hotter and cleaner and 159.00 what a steal

Ah, The regional pricing ticking off the New Englanders again! Okies for $159.99 without batting an eye-lash!

j-takeman said:
Ah, The regional pricing ticking off the New Englanders again! Okies for $159.99 without batting an eye-lash!

yea, especially when they dont even get winter in Oregon and Washington!

Lousyweather said:
j-takeman said:

yea, especially when they dont even get winter in Oregon and Washington!

Speaking of no winter and Okies, I hear Mr. "Warm" is coming to see you up North? I think He brought us some of his Arizona weather! :)

yep, ole Mr Warm is expected here tomorrow, sometime around 9:30 or so.....till we close. And yes, the weather IS warmer....maybe because he is so full of hot air? Did I say that out loud?! There are very few here who know what we are talking about J....VERY few. You want me to give him any messages, J?

j-takeman said:
Probably just you and me!!!

Will you be burning Okies or NEWP's for him? hehe :)

Beleive it or not, we just sold our XXV Majolica burn unit, so, we wont be burning anything! Selling alot of pellets today tho!

Lousyweather said:
yep, ole Mr Warm is expected here tomorrow, sometime around 9:30 or so.....till we close. And yes, the weather IS warmer....maybe because he is so full of hot air? Did I say that out loud?! There are very few here who know what we are talking about J....VERY few. You want me to give him any messages, J?

Nah, But your right about the hot air part! Now if he could only put that "heat" into a pellet? hehe!

j-takeman said:
Lousyweather said:

Nah, But your right about the hot air part! Now if he could only put that "heat" into a pellet? hehe!

kinda like a reverse sublimation process? good idea!

j-takeman said:
Lousyweather said:

you two are funny .lol

at 160/ton for okies, I'd almost have them shipped here... gotta figure out some way to get decent pellet at a decent prices while I can. Hamster is spinning in the wheel :)

Sorry, they aren't Okies but a brand called "Eagle Valley".

I think someone on here told me they are same? I don't know.

Checkthisout said:

Okies and Westwood are the same company. Eagle Valley is a different company AFAIK. Eagle Valley is bagging the Cleanfire Pacific's for wood pellet sales. And I believe they are bagging the Clear Choice softwoods for the stove shops.

Still a good pellet for the price they are asking for them. I would at least get some to try out! Are the Lignetics the orange lettering on the bag or the green. Orange is there softwoods and were a heck of a pellet(can't get them here anymore) and the green is a hardwood blend. The hardwood blend has a bit more ash than the softwoods.

j-takeman said:
Checkthisout said:

Okies and Westwood are the same company. Eagle Valley is a different company AFAIK. Eagle Valley is bagging the Cleanfire Pacific's for wood pellet sales. And I believe they are bagging the Clear Choice softwoods for the stove shops. Still a good pellet for the price they are asking for them. I would at least get some to try out! Are the Lignetics the orange lettering on the bag or the green. Orange is there softwoods and were a heck of a pellet(can't get them here anymore) and the green is a hardwood blend. The hardwood blend has a bit more ash than the softwoods.

Jay,

Not to confuse the issue but I was under the impression from the folks at NEWP that Clear Choice was theirs being bagged under that name and that the CleanFire Pacific was also theirs, the former Pinnacle softwoods, being bagged by them exclusively for woodpellets.com. Is that not the case or is Eagle Valley that whole BioMass group that NEWP is involved in?

Status
Not open for further replies.