Liking the McFeeters

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoot23

Minister of Fire
Mar 28, 2012
Alfred, Me
These pellets are really clean. Little dust in the bags and good heat. The Vermonts might get some competition from these. Very similar with ash and heat values. And 35$ cheaper a ton than the vermonts which are now up to 285$ a ton. But will have to try the McFeeters when it's single digits outside for a few days straight. Anybody else burn these.

Harman p61a
1ton Lg
1/2ton logic-e
15bags Vermont
5bags Greene team
Working on 1/2 ton McFeeters

A friend said the same thing, So I tried some and found them to be pretty ashy for a softy(I expected less than 0.4% ash)! Very good heat and reasonably priced at $199/ton.

I might of got a sample from a bad batch. But could be a sign of batch variance. So a heads up for the others JIC. I plan on getting a few more bags once they get a new batch in.

Do you know anything about converting oil burner to pellets? My father-in-law is 70 and is looking to get rid of his 3wood 6 biasi and using pellets. How good is the set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.