Lil' Badfish update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
Tomorrow is the big day-Lil' Badfish will be going into surgery around 10:30. Thanks to all the prayers and thoughts from hearth.com-I look forward to updating you all once the surgery is through.

Which time zone?

snowleopard said:
Which time zone?

Eastern-we are blessed to be at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. They have been nothing short of amazing.

Badfish740 said:
Tomorrow is the big day-Lil' Badfish will be going into surgery around 10:30. Thanks to all the prayers and thoughts from hearth.com-I look forward to updating you all once the surgery is through.
You have my prayers! God Bless you and your family.

tfdchief said:
Badfish740 said:
You have my prayers! God Bless you and your family.

+10

zap

I'll be thinking of you and your family, Badfish. Gotta be a worrisome time, I'm sure. Cling tightly to one another. I'm looking forward to your post telling us all is well, and the surgery was a complete success, and the baby is recovering nicely. Rick

Thinking of you guys.

Awaiting updates !

Finger's crossed all goes well. Let us know.

pen

It'll be 6:30 our time, and will have you and your family in my thoughts. Best to all of you.

Badfish740 said:

Probably in surgery now. Prayers sent.

Said a short prayer for you and your daughter Badfish . . . hope things work out well.

Hey everyone-all is well so far-surgery didn't start until 10 minutes to three! Crazy stressful day but the Docs are saying that everything is going as planned. There were eight vessels connected to the mass that needed to be ligated at the aorta-that part is the most dangerous but its almost completed. Prayers are working!

This is happy news! Rick

Sending prayers and good karma your way. Hoping for the best for your little one!

Great news. We'll keep on pulling for you.

Best to your little fighter.

It's finally over...the surgeon completely removed the right lobe and thinks she was able to completely remove the mass from the left side as well. She had to ligate 11 blood vessels that had gone from the aorta to the mass (the CT scan had only showed 6) so it was more complicated than they originally thought. Regardless, she is in the NICU and resting comfortably. We still have a long way to go but the worst is over. Thank you all for thinking of her and praying for her. She is a little fighter.

Excellent, Mr. Fish, excellent. Rick

Wonderful news.

Wow that sounds intense. So pleased it went well. Keep us updated.

The best of news indeed. Heading home from the office now, but had to check up on her before I shut it down. I'm sure I'm not the only one smiling to read this.

Good to hear Badfish.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.