Liner Inspection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

etiger2007

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2012
Clio Michigan
Well I just went up on the roof to take a look at how much creosote my liner had in it and I was pretty happy with the way it looked. I did run a poly brush through it last summer just for piece of mind and havent cleaned it since. This was the first full season for this liner and thats burning when I get home from work and 24/7 on weekends. Being new I wanted to post the pics to get some feedback on what you guys think, does this look good or bad for one season? I burned alot of red oak that was seasoned for about 10 months ( small splits) and ash mostly. I did use about two tubs of creosote remover from Menards this year. It will get cleaned this summer when I install a new insert. This is an uninsulated liner too, thanks for any input. 64% efficent wood insert.

Attachments

• chimney 001.jpg
    chimney 001.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 125
  • chimney 002.jpg
    chimney 002.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 120
  • chimney 004.jpg
    chimney 004.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 1,182
Looking good.

Next year my wood will be one more year seasoned so I should burn even cleaner.

You are getting a clean burn, what size dutchwest is it a cat stove?

its a DW250001 wood insert with the secondary burn. This thing is out and Im getting a osburn 2000 insert. The dutchwest rocks it just has a 1.3 cf firebox which is too small im filling it every two hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.