Little fisherman

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary_602z

Minister of Fire
Oct 30, 2009
Lake Odessa,MI
Just had to share this picture of a youngster at a kids fishing tournament that I helped sponsor with the local Chamber of Commerce. I paid the entry fee for the kids as I did not fell it was right to charge them to fish. Donated bait and tackle and a dozen rod a reel combos for prizes.
I think I had as much fun as the kids did!
DSC_0977.jpg
DSC_0993.jpgDSC_0997.jpg

Kudos to you, sir. If more people did what you have done, there would be alot less problems involving kids. Good Karma is hopefully coming your way.

Reactions: ScotO
thats awesome !

a couple guys from work and myself put on a little fishing derby every spring for the kids in town....the look on their faces
makes it all worthwhile

That is great Gary. You too CTguy.

not only did that make those kids' day, it made your day too! Money cannot buy the satisfaction you get when you do something like that. Kudo's to you guys. More people and actions like that and a lot of the world's problems would fix themselves......

What a great thing that was for you to do, Gary. I know it makes you feel good...as it most certainly should. Dang, those little fishermen landed some fine looking fish! Is this like a stocked pond, or is it a natural habitat? Rick

What a great thing that was for you to do, Gary. I know it makes you feel good...as it most certainly should. Dang, those little fishermen landed some fine looking fish! Is this like a stocked pond, or is it a natural habitat? Rick

Just a pond at a local gravel pit about 20 acres that the guy lets kids groups come to fish. Nothing stocked.

Gary

Very cool...We all should realize how lucky we are and give as much back to the less fortunate children. I must agree with the above post, KUDOS to you guys!

That's exactly how I started to fish, at a kid's pond, called Laguna Lake in Fullerton in Southern Calif. I caught some crappie, bass, catfish, and lots of bluegill out of that lake as a kid.

Nice job and post!

Status
Not open for further replies.