Little fun yesterday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireAnt

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2009
Central CT
I was splitting in the morning and needed a break. I have been looking at this dead Ash for a while. I decided to cut it down. This was all that was left, just a straight pole. I tried a piece and it burned great!!.

Attachments

• phpbBM3QfAM.jpg
    phpbBM3QfAM.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 470
FireAnt said:
I was splitting in the morning and needed a break. I have been looking at this dead Ash for a while. I decided to cut it down. This was all that was left, just a straight pole. I tried a piece and it burned great!!.

FireAnt, looks like nice piece of asssssssssssssh!

zap

460 and a bucket thats all you got!

Thanks for admiring may Ash Zap.........

Jay, try a 360, and a pile of wood, cutting everything to size so I can split it... Wielding the 28" bar to cut 2-10" pieces would have been interesting...lol

I just needed a change of pace so I cut the tree down. It was my birthday yesterday so my wife said what are you going to do special this morning (I had some time to myself). It was either get some practice time in on my sax with a cup of coffee in my warm studio or go cut and split in the 17* weather. You see which one won!!

FireAnt said:

Jay, try a 360, and a pile of wood, cutting everything to size so I can split it... Wielding the 28" bar to cut 2-10" pieces would have been interesting...lol

I just needed a change of pace so I cut the tree down. It was my birthday yesterday so my wife said what are you going to do special this morning (I had some time to myself). It was either get some practice time in on my sax with a cup of coffee in my warm studio or go cut and split in the 17* weather. You see which one won!!

lol I was j/k I would give my right eye and left hand for the jd with bucket! My daughter and her Mother and I all play sax. For me its been a few years.

smokinjay said:
FireAnt said:

lol I was j/k I would give my right eye and left hand for the jd with bucket! My daughter and her Mother and I all play sax. For me its been a few years.

I know you were kidding... I have to keep myself in check because I want to cut with the 460 so bad. I have not used it yet (I cut one piece of wood with it) I HAVE to get the splitting done. The tractor is my dads, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell I would driving it, if he didn't buy it (that was when his business was good).

I went to college for music performance in Classical and Jazz saxophone. I am a stay at home dad (my dad had to let me go due to wonderful economic times), teach privately and play out. My musician friends can't get over how I just want to cut wood and be outdoors. Not the typical musician lifestyle...

FireAnt said:
smokinjay said:
FireAnt said:

I know you were kidding... I have to keep myself in check because I want to cut with the 460 so bad. I have not used it yet (I cut one piece of wood with it) I HAVE to get the splitting done. The tractor is my dads, there isn't a snowballs chance in hell I would driving it, if he didn't buy it (that was when his business was good).

I went to college for music performance in Classical and Jazz saxophone. I am a stay at home dad (my dad had to let me go due to wonderful economic times), teach privately and play out. My musician friends can't get over how I just want to cut wood and be outdoors. Not the typical musician lifestyle...

Wish you lived closer my daughter needs priviate lesson, and soon as I get con ltd back from being re-cork someone with a better ear than mine to dial it in.

Fireant, that looks great and a nice way to haul it too.

Thanks Dennis!

Gary (insert token drum lick) Ba Dum Ching. To answer your question I "cut cords" and "burn through chord changes" goofy I know...

smokinjay said:
FireAnt said:
smokinjay said:
FireAnt said:

Wish you lived closer my daughter needs priviate lesson, and soon as I get con ltd back from being re-cork someone with a better ear than mine to dial it in.

I'd be happy to help with whatever I can online. Setup, equipment. PM me if something ever comes up. Always want to help players in anyway I can.

looks good. glad to see some more people in ct in the forums.

ecocavalier02 said:
looks good. glad to see some more people in ct in the forums.

Is the 660 cookie jar filling up?

FireAnt said:
smokinjay said:
FireAnt said:
smokinjay said:
FireAnt said:

I'd be happy to help with whatever I can online. Setup, equipment. PM me if something ever comes up. Always want to help players in anyway I can.

Thank You. I am sure we will need help it is a very old sax. Daughter wants it redone for her birthday and it was her Grandfathers. Makes you feel good when they think like that.

Jay I PM'd you

Status
Not open for further replies.