Locust Delivered

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckarotka

Minister of Fire
Sep 21, 2009
Northwest PA on the lake
$50 for a cord, cut not split and delivered. He says all locust or whatever species I want. Watcha think?

50 for a real cord......I would take a couple myself!

Nice, I'd order 3 at that price.

fv

I would do it.. When you add up what it would take you to go out and process that wood and get it home.. not a bad deal..

JMO

Wow... Thats cheap, if its a full cord of wood. Seeing that cost of gas and time is high value.

No brainer, I would order as much as I could fit on my property.

Do you think he'd deliver to south Alabama?...I'd give him an extra $20 bill since it's a little out of his area and with the price of gas and all, it's a freshly printed twenty, too (not dirty)!!!! I'd take 3-4 cords if he'll give me a volume discount. ;)

Ah well, hopefully my fever will break soon, I hear drums in the distance and they're supposed to be bringing a witch doctor in....

Ed

I hate to pay for it but it seemed like a good deal. I talked up the tree service at the gas pumps the other day and this is what we came up with. I just hope he follows through with his end. Waiting for the magic phone call he said he would make in a week or so. I only have room for 1 maaaaybe 2 cord after last years
cut-a-thon right now, more room opens up in Oct when the stacks go to the garage.

Just make sure you both agree on what size a cord of wood is! If this is for a full cord, I'd jump on it fast!

The thick bark makes the logs look bigger so make sure your getting the correct amount.

$50 /cord unsplit sounds about right in line with what I would expect. Not a fantastic deal, but not too bad either. Around here you can buy a full cord split and "seasoned" for not far over $100 (maybe $130 or so) in the off-season. So keeping in mind that splitting is probably about the hardest part of the work, $50 seems inline.

Would he send it by Freight or FedEx/UPS? Hell I'd buy 3-4 cords at that price. ;-)

Still no call yet...............he's got another week before his promise or memory fail and I get nothing.

Well let's hope he does follow through.

Status
Not open for further replies.