Log Length Load Toady

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DexterDay

Well. I ordered 6 more Rutlad Stack-n-Store brackets to build 6 more racks. I was gonna continue my Wood area now. But I have since decided to move my Wood splitting operation back to the barn. I just had about 3, maybe 4 cord delivered. I will see when its cut up... On the trailer it was 12 ft long logs x 7.5 ft wide x 6 ft tall. I know you allow for airspace, but not sure how much.

The load included Honey locust, Silver and Sugar Maple, Ash (a lot), White Oak, 1 Cherry, and I believe thats it. I traded off a chainsaw for it... It was delivered and the guy brought his Son and Son in law.

Seeing how I have about a 2.5-3 yrs supply (wont know till after this yr, 1st yr with the 30-NC). I will C/S/S all this wood in my barn for about 4 yrs. I am still going to put them in racks. Even though its dry in there. I will try and get out there this week to post photos of the inside. I have a few fans I can run run during the Summer months. We used to have horses, but got out of it a couple years back. Now its just an empty 30x40 steel "Cleary" building. I figure I will give it good amount of spave between rows. it gets crazy hot in the Summer out there.

Attached are pics of the Log Length Load and my Current Wood storage. it will look very similar to the outside storage... Just in a Barn...

Attachments

• Big Pile of Logs 1.jpg
    Big Pile of Logs 1.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 309
  • Big pile of logs 2.jpg
    Big pile of logs 2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 288
  • Big pile of logs 3.jpg
    Big pile of logs 3.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 331
  • 8 Racks of Firewood Full.jpg
    8 Racks of Firewood Full.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 311
  • Basement install 7 (Wood from house roof).jpg
    Basement install 7 (Wood from house roof).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 293
How many cords will you have in total once this looad is c/s/s?

13-15... Depending on what it yields. Either way I am happy. If its only 3, I am happy.. was not using the saw anyways and he delivered it and took it where I wanted.... The pellet stove has heated the whole house for 3 seasons.

I guess its a matter of how much wood I want to use??? Or how much pellets I want to save????

That looks great. My OCD tendencies can't help but admire how neat those rows look!

DexterDay said:
Well. I ordered 6 more Rutlad Stack-n-Store brackets to build 6 more racks. I was gonna continue my Wood area now. But I have since decided to move my Wood splitting operation back to the barn. I just had about 3, maybe 4 cord delivered. I will see when its cut up... On the trailer it was 12 ft long logs x 7.5 ft wide x 6 ft tall. I know you allow for airspace, but not sure how much.

The load included Honey locust, Silver and Sugar Maple, Ash (a lot), White Oak, 1 Cherry, and I believe thats it. I traded off a chainsaw for it... It was delivered and the guy brought his Son and Son in law.

Seeing how I have about a 2.5-3 yrs supply (wont know till after this yr, 1st yr with the 30-NC). I will C/S/S all this wood in my barn for about 4 yrs. I am still going to put them in racks. Even though its dry in there. I will try and get out there this week to post photos of the inside. I have a few fans I can run run during the Summer months. We used to have horses, but got out of it a couple years back. Now its just an empty 30x40 steel "Cleary" building. I figure I will give it good amount of spave between rows. it gets crazy hot in the Summer out there.

Attached are pics of the Log Length Load and my Current Wood storage. it will look very similar to the outside storage... Just in a Barn...

Dex, the sickness has set in, nice job. :coolgrin:

zap

Looks good Dexter. I'm guessing around 3 cord or slightly over.

Putting the wood in the barn for 4 years I would not worry about a fan at all. Just stack it nicely and forget it; it will dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.