LOG MAKER

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingpig

Jan 23, 2010
Cary, NC
I've found this on Youtube today. Quite an interesting idea that I may be able to use since we have tons of autumn leaves every year. I don't think we can get this in the U.S. but it should be pretty easy to make.

http://www.logmaker.org.uk

Cheers....Som

You could probably make one out of some PVC pipe.

I have been thinking about doing something like this with sawdust and the splitter. Make a bolt on attachment for the beam of the splitter and stuff sawdust in it then use the hydraulics to compress it. Needs more "engineering".

Lots and lots of ash..

I bought a press for making newspaper bricks. Should have kept my money. I havent used it yet. More work than cutting firewood.

Leafs = smoke.

Tried a newspaper roller 40 years ago.
What a nasty messs and waste of time.

You might get better logs by eating the leaves.

Best use of leaves in my opinion . . . let them decompose into compost. Woodstoves burn wood . . . not leaves and not leaves. When they come out with the first Leaf Stove or Paper Log Stove then maybe I'll look into burning something other than wood in my woodstove . . . of course I do use paper to start my fires . . .

Great replies. I wouldn't waste my time then. Thank you !!

Som

Hurricane said:
billb3 said:

That was a great response, had me laughing my log shute off

Ha ha ha ha. +1

billb3 said:
Tried a newspaper roller 40 years ago.
What a nasty messs and waste of time.

that's burnable also :p

Status
Not open for further replies.