log splitter reviews

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdave

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 26, 2010
Michigan's U.P.
wondering if there is anywhere on this site that has reviews of log splitters?? different brands, price, reliability, etc. all based from experience??

Dave, I think you'll find that you have to skim through previous posts by doing a search. Have you checked out that MTD yet?

There is a review of all the splitter just not put together. It comes down to price point and the wood you splitt!

i have been searching previous posts, i just thought there may be something similar to the "review your stove" post...you know, where owners of specific equipment listed pros/cons based on their own experiences

yooperdave said:
i have been searching previous posts, i just thought there may be something similar to the "review your stove" post...you know, where owners of specific equipment listed pros/cons based on their own experiences

Nothing like that yet...(Good Idea though) On the flip side it really comes down to how much you need a year and the ave size you will be splitting. Everything out there right now from the big box stores are pretty equal.
I have ran a troy built side by side with a 22 ton husky. No clear winner. Bigger tonnage makes you faster in the harder to spilt stuff but slower in the smaller stuff. At the end of the day both done the job at pretty equal pace. Troy built looks like it has some parts that are a little better quality but cant confirm that.

At the 999.99 price of a husky it cant be touched! Once it goes up to 1199.99 I would choice the troy built.

Status
Not open for further replies.