log splitter??????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Ray

Nov 20, 2005
TX
Whats the best electric log splitter on the market that will last for years????? Thanks GREG

Hi Greg Ray. Lots of relevant threads on this topic if you want to search. In short, the Ryobi splitter seems to have taken over in a storm of popularity. However, HF apparently sells a decent one, and there was another brand which slips my mind that I believe Elk had a line on back east... Iron Horse maybe?

In any case, I'm no expert. Just thought I'd say hello. Others will chime in soon enough.

-Kevin

Ramsplitter 12 or 16 hp its a real splitter its not the foreign imports. Not that they don't serve the task in hand they do a decent job working within their capabilities
The DR splitter is another good choice but more expensive but customer support is the best of the lower tonage electric ones

Mine looks like this

Attachments

• 11-2 011.jpg
    11-2 011.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 611
I was surprised at the number of people singing the Ryobi's praises... I thought it looked small and wimpy, but I guess it can deliver the goods, and the price is right. The DR 6 ton splitter is also pretty good. Elk's is great, however it looks pretty massive. Me, I use a 25HP Honda gas powered splitter, works well, price was right.

-- Mike

RYOBI-

Actually, except for Elk's less-than-optimistic comments on the Omega, I don't think we've heard anything bad about any of them.

If one goes to Omega's web site or see their ebay listings read their feedback then read the terms how they want to be paid. That alone should send warning flags up
Two years ago I ask if I could come to his place in Ct and demo his splitters I told him that the audience I would report to is the very audience his advertising should be trageting.
In not so a polite way, he called me a crook and insuniated I was looking for something four nothing. Had he and his products lived up to the advertising guess what there would be a lot of Hearth.com members owning one. and a lot less with Ryobis I honestly reported my dealings with the owner fellow here. The product may be good but the money back garantee is he claims damage goods in shipping and you colect your moneyy from the carrier and if it was perfect when you shipped it it is less than perfect after he receives it. you fill in the blanks on that one.
I offered again to put one threw the paces he hung up on me.

Thanks for everyone's input!!!!!! I guess were off too Home Depot for a Ryobi!!!! Thanks Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.