Long Rounds

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snag

Oct 12, 2009
South Central PA
I'm looking to buy another 20 ton of oak long rounds or more. Looking to find prices so I can make sure I'm not paying too much. Would also appreciate recommendations for folks in the business in and around Harrisburg/York/Lancaster area. Don't think I'll have the opportunity to scrounge much on Craigs List this year and I would love to get a few more years ahead, not knowing how fast price of fuel is going to go.

Thanks!

Long rounds? Is that anything like a log? Lot of people buy log length by the truckload for really good prices.

Yep! Exactly like a log -- tree minus roots and branches :) I called two saw mills and that's what they refered to them as... unless they were saying log rounds and I need my ears cleaned out ;-)

Someone told me today that the best time to "shop" was April and May... Not sure if that is correct, though I'm worried the economy is going to tank some more and I'd like to get the wood on my property. I'm a little worried happenings in Egypt will cause or be an excuse to raise gasoline prices to where having wood delivered would be cost prohibitive.

Thanks,

Carolyn

I just got a lead on log length - $750 for 8 cord. I was thinking about going for it, and selling the seasoned wood later. The profit would pay for a year's oil use for DHW. But, so much other stuff to get for free, I'm rethinking. I just like the idea of easy logs on property. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.