Long time coming -NFI Certified - Finally Done...next.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Webmaster said:
You could probably teach them a thing or three....

I could write better software than they had. Jeez. Run time errors every time I used the WYSIWYG controls...had to TAB through the whole thing using the function keys.

All in all, I DID learn a few things in preparation. I refreshed my knowledge of R values and K values...something I have never used or had to use except in my own house with an on-demand gas water heater....

I've had the inkling to make everyone, including my wife become NFI...even to just answer my phones. We'll see, it's easy to be idealistic when it's a slower time of year.

It's good that there is something of a standard, it should be expanded upon to include a whole bunch of practicum which is by in large missing from our mentor-less society. I'd take it a step further too and get techs use to fixing without replacing...another lost art of mechanics.

Again...slow time of year...idealistic.

Welcome aboard.

Eric

high five! down low! bump it, blow it up. congrats.

I don't know about the certified part but hanging out on here gets you extra credit on being certifiable ;-).

Congrats.

Congrats. Showing that you are dedicated to what you do is a good thing and hopefully your potential customers see that.

BrotherBart said:
Congrats. Showing that you are dedicated to what you do is a good thing and hopefully your potential customers see that.
Truthfully, I don't think customers care much. Many are just surprised you answer your phone or return a call back. Doubly surprised when you ACTUALLY show up AND you are on time. Polish that of with some great conversation, education and a problems solved without a call back. Certification? I have never been asked by a customer.

I did it because as my company grows, at some point, I may have to stand down an attack on my credibility. That kind of weird stuff surfaces from time to time...like a bad review somewhere on the net from a competitor or the more common: someone that I need to but something from (manufacturer) and they want something more than whatever, which happens more and more as I attempt to gain credibility in a market that promotes exclusivity of parts amongst brands to insure market share. >:-(

Not that NFI seals the deal, it doesn't...but sooner or later they will run out of excuses of why they cannot endorse my company as a credible solution to the 15 reasons folks seek service elsewhere than a dealer.

If someone were to ask me for a job and they were NFI...well, I'd be somewhat considerate. Very much so. So it's an industry thing. The secret handshake perhaps.

Congrats Scott. Stay focused on the customer. The rest is just noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.