Look at this Big Boy......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
DUDE!!! thats the one you were talking about the other day , nice unit. love the false front door thats cool!

as for the "majicheat" question , the same system that the heat reclaimer uses in the flue is utilized already in the stove internally , heat exchange tubes or chambers are heated by the exhaust before it exits , however it takes a huge surface area to reduce to levels below 200 degrees F doing so would likley make the stoves way bigger than would be practical.

Looks like a nice stove but the claims of more efficient heat transfer are nothing new.
The newer pellet stoves probably differ slightly on heat exchanger efficiencies but I would doubt the difference is significant.
That said , it`s encouraging to see the new designs. It kinda makes me feel this pellet burning thing is going somewhere after all.
John

They could preheat intake combustion air through a exchanger internal or an external adapted to the vent pipe. Or just an external exchanger mounted on to the vent like ones you can buy for wood stoves with larger stove pipe. That could give a few more efficiency points maybe close to 90 percent.

Glowball Worming Bust said:
read, useable heat, cooler exhaust temp.
why dont pellet stoves have a fluepipe HX like the MAGIC HEAT & maybe at lower temp for blower?seems to me with ss liner, the stack temp could go down below 200*F?

Get a hold of some old aluminum siding at your local scrap yard and cut out plates similar to what is on baseboard heat and slide over your pellet exhaust pipes about 1/4 inch apart. That might absorb some of that heat going up the flue.
Or encase your exhaust vent in a 4" duct open on one end and hook up a 50-60 cfm muffin fan on the other end . You`ll probably get a little extra heat from it and cool down the exhaust a bit.
You can get pretty creative for just a few bucks..
John

Fahrenheit makes the unit. They are in production now, Holland, MI. My first order is due in early August.
Eric

Get the first order in August so we will see how long I can keep them in the store.

Eric

To bad they did not make a down flow version for mobile homes, I would halved bought it, maybe some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.