Look What I got!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
Free of charge yesterday! 6 dozen round files 4 dozen raker files and another 6 or six dozen ascorted files BIG ONES!

Never seen a file cleaner before..

Attachments

• file cleaner.jpg
    file cleaner.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 335
File cleaners are a very useful tool if you are working with softer metals, such as brass or bronze. The softer metal can have tendency to "clog" the flutes of the file. The cleaner will unclog them (note - never use a spinning wire wheel to do this). Man - sounds like a heck of a deal. It reminds me that I got to get a raker gauge for my chisel chains.

Jags said:
File cleaners are a very useful tool if you are working with softer metals, such as brass or bronze. The softer metal can have tendency to "clog" the flutes of the file. The cleaner will unclog them (note - never use a spinning wire wheel to do this). Man - sounds like a heck of a deal. It reminds me that I got to get a raker gauge for my chisel chains.

Just yesterday I got a Industiral drill press gross of files and monster hand grinder/sander from the 50's Bad @ss, bench grinder 2 weather stations slab of granit 4 inchs thick 30x30 2 volts meters old chainsaw form 50-60's. Lots of hand tools. Theres more just cant think of everthing.

Back when I was in school after the ice age I was a shop assistant and we had file cards. Are your file cleaners anything like them?

Shipper

Shipper50 said:
Back when I was in school after the ice age I was a shop assistant and we had file cards. Are your file cleaners anything like them?

Shipper

Looks a lot like a dog brush. (Flip it over and the wires look just like a dogs brush.)

Yup that sounds like my file card(cleaner).

Status
Not open for further replies.