Looking at installing a duravent CAS thimble for my stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegared

Dec 14, 2010
Felton, PA
Any one have any experience with these?

http://www.duravent.com/docs/product/CmbstnAir_2011cat_web.pdf

I like the idea of a single penetration through the wall plus i havent come up with a clean attractive method to pass the OAK through the wall (exterior vinyl siding). My stove (harman xxv) will be on the ground level with a 4-5 ft vertical run and then horizontally out through the wall. So I will end up using the optional wall channel of the CAS for the outside air.

Thanks
Bob

I didn't use Duravent but I did use Selkirk Direct Temp which is similar. OAK and vent in one 6 5/8" dia pipe. Have you price the system with adapters?? I've been wondering though if the outside air cooling the vent pipe affects the buildup of ash and such in the vent pipe...not having an insulating air pocket.

From what I seen and heard from a factory rep during a seminar it looks great on paper. The thing I worry about is the intake air cooling the exhaust gases to fast. This will cause condensation in the exhaust pipe and creosote.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.