Looking for a Magnahelic gauge.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dwyer-2002-Magnahelic-Pressure-Gauge-NEW_W0QQitemZ320257606676QQcmdZViewItemQQptZBI_Connectors_Switches_Wire?hash=item320257606676&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1199|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

There are a LOT of different types. What do you plan on doing with it?

I suspect South of Boston (aka SOB) ------- (I appologize, that was too good of a comic set up to ignore)

I suspect South of Boston is wanting to measure draft pressure. I am wondering what pressure range would we expect on various wood stoves?

If all else fails, at work I have a bucket full of Magnahelic gages that range from 1/10th inch of water and some that read in 1 inch increments. All of them read both positive and negative pressures. We use them to moniter boiler cumbustion fans and stack pressures before and after the econimisers.

I have to replace them quite regular. They last for a few months then the vibration KO's them.

If you have to just PM me.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

Know anyone with an account at Grainger?

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml?from=Search&newSrch=yes&operator=keywordSearch&search_type=keyword&action=Go!&QueryString=maganhelic

They are pretty expensive. Hopefully you can find someone to borrow one from.

Oh myyyyyyy, another "tool" for wood heating stoves. MAGNAHELIC !!!Add to the list: IR, M², Super Duper 40" saw, 75 ton terminator splitter, 400 HP Giant Killer Skidder and Slasher, Colonoscopy Flue Monitor,..............More to come, we're sure.
Why am I so ignorant about these things ???? :sick:

downeast said:
Oh myyyyyyy, another "tool" for wood heating stoves. MAGNAHELIC !!!Add to the list: IR, M², Super Duper 40" saw, 75 ton terminator splitter, 400 HP Giant Killer Skidder and Slasher, Colonoscopy Flue Monitor,..............More to come, we're sure.
Why am I so ignorant about these things ???? :sick:

I guess that if I read the manual thoroughly and had a professional install my pellet stove I wouldn't of had a problem of replacing the combustion fan due to the fire from the the creosote buildup in the fan and the first three feet of flex-able tubing. After only burning less than 25 bags of pellets. I have been told that this could have been avoided by the proper air flow from the slider damper. THis was a brand new stove. The manual says to use a Magnahelic gauge to measure this.

Status
Not open for further replies.